“Axie Infinity: Origin” version 3.0 is the newest iteration of the popular blockchain game by Sky Mavis. It offers new gameplay mechanics, brand new visuals, and an extensive onboarding process. With the introduction of ‘Free to Play’ and Starter Axies (non-NFT), the game is now more accessible than ever.
If you wish to experience everything “Axie Infinity: Origin” has to offer, players must consider buying Personal Axies (NFT). This will unlock the ability to earn cryptocurrency, breed Axies, and trade them in the marketplace.
In the future, Personal Axies will also become your ticket to the Axie Universe and give you access to upcoming mini-games by Sky Mavis.
In this guide, we will teach you the steps on how to buy your first set of Personal Axies.
How to Buy Your First Axies
- Create your Ronin Wallet. Ronin Wallet is a digital storage for your cryptocurrencies and assets such as your Axies, Smooth Love Potions (SLP), AXS (Axie Infinity Shards), and Ethereum (ETH).
More importantly, this will be your access to playing “Axie Infinity: Origin.” Ronin Wallet will let you perform blockchain transactions without paying expensive gas fees. A step-by-step guide on how to create your account and set up your Ronin Wallet can be found here.
- Set up a Game Account. Once you’ve created your Ronin Wallet, you will need to create an account in the Official Axie Marketplace.
With your new Ronin wallet, please visit the Axie Infinity Marketplace and create an account following the steps below:
- To create an account, make sure your Ronin wallet is unlocked, and then press the “Login with Ronin Wallet” button. The Ronin wallet will pop up asking you to sign a message; press the confirm button.
- Press the blue “Set up email & password” button and enter your email and password. A confirmation code will be sent to your email and needs to be entered on the site. Once this is done, your marketplace account is now up.
This account will also be used in the Mavis Hub Game launcher. Remember, that your Ronin Wallet should be connected to your marketplace account.
- Buy Axies On The Marketplace. To buy Axies, your Ronin Wallet should have some cryptocurrency, specifically Wrapped Ethereum (WETH) or other tokens like SLP and AXS.
There are two ways to buy cryptocurrencies. First, you can buy some in crypto exchange markets like “Binance.” This is also where you will withdraw or deposit SLPs to and from your Ronin Wallet.
The second option is to purchase them through the Ronin Ramp Network: https://purchase.roninchain.com/
It is advisable to do your research about Axies and the type of team you wish to build before buying them. You can then check out the marketplace to see how much they cost and calculate how much cryptocurrency you’ll need.
A lot of new players will have many questions about which Axies to buy, but it will always come down to your personal decision and the kind of player you are aiming to be. You can be a breeder, a competitive PVP player, someone who focuses more on Adventure, or a combination of all of these.
How to Sync Your Axies to “Origin”
Once you’ve got your Personal Axies, open Mavis Hub and launch “Axie Infinity: Origin.” Log in using your MARKETPLACE account, the same account you used to buy your Axies.
As long as you’re using the same account for the Marketplace and “Origin,” your Axies will sync with the game. If your Axies aren’t showing up in the Axie tab, press the Refresh button and they should show up.
We hope that these guides will help you start your “Axie Infinity: Origin” journey. Pretty easy, right? For new players, check out our guide on “how to create an Origin account.” For those who want to learn more about the game, head on over to our “Ultimate Beginner’s Guide To Axie Infinity: Origin.”